mandag den 29. juni 2009

First "shot" with my Olympus 1030 SW

Having joined ASK (Århus Freediving Club) my attention was directed towards the olympus 1030 SW camera, and after purchasing it I soon found a way to mount it on my speargun.

Dying to test this new dimension to spearfishing, I set out on the 8. May 2009 although it was quite windy and there would be low visibility. Once in the water I immediately started playing about with the camera. During my descend in this dive I was surprised at the sudden depth I found myself on. The Olympus camera specifications state 10 meters as the limit, so I was curious as to whether it would be flooded taking it to its limit.

Well, I showed my watch to the camera and everything seemed to be functioning famously. I then looked around and saw a 45 cm European flounder lying almost next to me. I turned around to stab it with my speargun, but the flounder made a run for it, so I had to make a quick aim and shot. I hit the flounder on its rim and consequently dashed to it to grab it and get it up to my buoy. The first "shot" had been a succes and even produced a dramatic hunt and lovely tasting flounder.

8/5-09 East coast North of Helgenæs, Denmark.