lørdag den 4. juli 2009

A great summer evening at Grenå

Thursday evening was scheduled for spearfishing! The hot summer weather had warmed the water to 19 - 21 degres C, and a light wind for several days promised good visibility. However, this was not the case! Nevertheless, I enjoyed being among so many fish.
I have posted a video with a compilation of events from the dive. This shows the curiosity the fish have. It can be quite amusing when a fish swims head first to the point of the speargun and circles it to try and make out whether it is edible or not. The video also emphasises that I only try to pick out the larger fish, and that I do not always get the fish!

Notice on the 2. shot released in the video, the cod is dead straight away. Hit it in the spine!
3. shot is a miss! Tried to shoot a trout passing by.
I have attached a complete dive at the end. Here two pollocks (Pollachius pollachius) showed up. Got both of them eventually, but my battery was low, so not all shots are recorded.

2/7-09 Grenå, Denmark, Depth 6-8 meters.